1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightweight headset and fairly good mouse

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology' started by Dino-Rawr, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Dino-Rawr

Dino-Rawr The Experienced
    Donator

Now I know that we have a million threads about this, but it always ends in long discussions about people's prefrences, so if someone good and experienced could recommend me a lightweight, but good gaming headset (i dont want whatever Boy has as it looks fuckin huge) and a good and stable mouse. I don't need 100000 mouse shortcuts, I just need something that is steady and good for a medium/large hand.

2. example

example The Experienced

logitech g400
    about time you get a decent mouse than you cant blame the mouse for your noobiness :D

3. Wasp

Wasp The Experienced
    Donator

G500 ftw :)

4. Dino-Rawr

Donator

What are the differences between g400 and 500?

5. Boy

Boy Administrator
    Super Admin ]HeLL[ Member

Mouse:
    G400 for Optical, G500 for laser. (best, cheapest gaming mice in the market)

Headset:
    If you want something light weight. It wont give u as much performance as proper gaming headsets. Might not have surround sound, etc.

6. Dino-Rawr

Donator

Well. I don't want stuff that will make my head tired while mixing at nighttimes or anything..

Do you have anything thats just below what you are using in size?

edit: and whats the advantages/disadvantages with optical or laser? I want quick response and good grip mainly

7. Boy

Boy Administrator

Ive tried Logitech G35, its light weight but got leather ear cups.. Which in my experience were horrible.. Specially for long gaming sessions, They completely seal ur ears.. I think the lightest headset i tried was Steelseries 5h v2. They werent quality tho and pricey. Bass and overall sound was bad for music as its only for gaming.. And i concluded this was the best/cheapest headset and realllly comfortable ear cups:

I personally like Optical mice cuz i believe the high lift distance help for shooting games. Both G400 and G500 are 1000 polling rate. So both transfers data at the same amount of speed. Grip wise, i think G400 has better grip cuz it has rubber sides carved for ur thumb, while its plastic for G500 making the hand slip sometimes.. But thats my experience.

8. Dino-Rawr

Donator

Okay. I'll get g400 then.

I'm not sure about headset, what was the name of the headset you actually are using by the way, Boy?

If anyone got advices on other headsets, I'll be glad to hear

9. Boy

Boy Administrator

Cyber Snipa 5.1 Sonar Headset :D

(same as in the video) But i dont think u will like it as u want light weight headset and this headset id say is quite heavy for a headset as its true surround sound with 8 speakers including 2 sub woofers in each ear cup. I personally dont mind the weight as im sure i can hear a lot more than other players out there in the game. Also its excellent for music. Deep heavy bass, very customizable.

10. Dino-Rawr

Donator

If it's really as good as you say, and good with music as well. I think I wanna take that. I like how its around your ears instead of on.

Also, is the headset durable? Meaning will it hold off an accident if I manage to drop it on the floor or whatever?

11. p0nZ

p0nZ The Experienced

G400 FTW!

12. NeSs-

NeSs- Member

Razer Deathadder is a great mouse in my opinion

13. Boy

Boy Administrator

The sound quality on other headsets i tried are shite. like ss 5h v2 and g35, they dont have 5.1 physical speakers wid a sub woofer in their ear cups. Prolly explains why the bass sounds soo sweet in this thing. Also, it depends on the audio settings. Wid the software driver, u get hell lot of options. I can send u my settings if u need.

Mine dropped plenty of times. I think in average i drop it 3 times in a week. Its something which is on-going and i dont really know how long the life of a headset should be or how long this thing is gona last before a worse or maybe minor accident. :S But im sure u will get warranty. Ive got quite a few players/members to buy this headset and they seemed quite pleased, I myself bought it twice. Let me remind you that this headset is CHEAP! compared to other headsets i tried.

Note that im talking about Cyber Snipa 5.1 Sonar Headset, Not Cyber Snipa Championship Headset.

Cyber Snipa 5.1 - £60
    SteelSeries 5h v2 - £70-80
    G35 - £90

14. Mr Squirrels

Mr Squirrels Member

I have Logitech G35, but i reccomend Steelseries Siberia V2.The G35 is somewhat heavy, but that is not a problem to me.Get the SS V2 with a 7.1 soundcard, you wont regret it.

15. SmurfVal

SmurfVal The Experienced

For light wight headset with good quality sound i would consider the Steel series Siberia V2, i have had them for 1 year and not a single problem. and the quality is mind blowing.
    for mouse it depends if you are a claw or palm grip. But i would go for the G400 or the Razer Deathadder